What is Intermunicipal Collaborative Framework (ICF) and why are we doing this?
Updated Legislation to Bill 21 – Modernized Municipal Government Act - requires communities that border one another to collaborate to maximize tax dollars and enhance services to their Residents by creating an intermunicipal collaborative frameworks or ICFs.
• Municipalities working together to ensure consistent optimal service to your greater Pincher Creek Community needs, versus the individual Municipality’s needs
• Maximize resources, minimize duplication, share best practices, to learn, grow and ensure continued services
• Obtain and value Public input
• Approach issues from a place of understanding and explore the possibilities of how the funding and implementation can be managed
August 7, 2019 Community Update
June 20, 2019 Community Information and Feedback Session
On June 20, 2019 the ICF committee hosted members of the community and asked for feedback through sticky notes. This PDF HERE are the results of the feedback collected. Feedback is still being collected and can be submitted using the form at the bottom of this page.
June 21, 2019 Commitee Update
- MD & Town working together for many years to maximize services.
- Goal is Fiscal responsibility to you our Residents
- 2016 Government Alberta introduced new legislation requiring Intermunicipal Collaboration Framework Regulations
- MD’s Council and the Town Council commitment is to the greater Pincher Creek Community
- ICF Committee established to review our services and find ways we can collaborate even more
- Updated Legislation Bill 21 – Modernized Municipal Government Act requires communities that border one another collaborate to maximize tax dollars and enhance services to Residents, creating intermunicipal collaboration frameworks (ICFs)
- ICF Agreements must address 6 pillars of service: Transportation, Wastewater, Solid Waste, Emergency Services, Recreation, and, any other services that benefit residents in more than one of the municipalities that are parties to the agreement.
- Municipalities working together to ensure consistent optimal service to your greater Pincher Creek Community needs, versus the individual Municipality’s needs
- Maximize resources, minimize duplication, share best practices to learn, grow and ensure continued service
- Obtain and value Public input
- Approach issues from a place of understanding and then explore the possibilities of how the funding and implementation can be managed.
- Enhanced access to all facilities for the citizens in the Town and MD Region.
- Cost sharing without impact on Partners mandates.
- Anticipated smoother workings for both Partners, with less obstacles and ease in sharing of facilities, amenities and services.
Send in your feedback here!
For more information on this collaboration please contact the Town Office 403 627 3156 of MD Office 403 627 3130.
- Local Government
- Town Services
- Town Information