Would you like to find out about the garbage pick up schedule for your area?
Preparing Your GarbageTo assist with the smooth pick up of your weekly garbage collection, please adhere to the following reminders:
1) Out early. Place your bin on the street before 7 a.m.
2) Wheels to the curb. Place your bin snug to the curb with the wheels facing towards the curb.
3) Place with space. Ensure there is room for the truck to pick up your bin and that it is not too close to vehicles parked on the street. There should be 2 meters between your bin and the next item.
4) Buddy up. Our truck can pick up two residential-sized bins at a time. Placing your bin snug to your neighbour’s helps our operators save time.
5) Bag it. Please bag diapers, kitty litter, animal excrement (small amounts only), cold ashes and sawdust before disposing in your bin.
6) Drain it. Keep your bin clean and dry to avoid attracting insects and animals.
7) Put it away. Please store your bin on your premises, bins may not be stored on the street.
What Not to Do
- Do not overfill your container.
- The lid on your container must close completely. Overfilled containers will not be emptied. Any garbage that does not fit in your container must be saved until the next collection day.
More inforamtionPlease go to our Recycling page for information on recycling!
Please refer to the Utility Bylaw #1605-22 for the full utility information.
- Operational Services
- Recreation Facilities