The Operations Manager is responsible for the coordination and execution of the day-to-day operational aspects of the Town of Pincher Creek Operations programs. The manager will lead the team in the following areas:
- Water & Wastewater Treatment
- Stormwater Management & Drainage
- Deep Utilities (Water, Wastewater, Storm)
- Facilities Maintenance
- Parks & Open Spaces / Sportsfields
Applications will be accepted until a suitable candidate is found, with the first application review occurring on October 6, 2023.
COMMUNICATIONS, MARKETING AND COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT OFFICER
The Communications, Marketing and Community Engagement Officer is responsible for the organization’s communications by creating and administering strategic communications, producing and delivering marketing products and information and designing and conducting community engagement initiatives that inform and engage the community, regional stakeholders, staff and Council. The position requires excellent written and verbal communication skills, a creative mindset, and a passion for community engagement.
- Provides communications for Council, senior leadership, staff and the community and stays informed about local issues, trends and developments that may impact the Town’s communications strategies.
- Responsible for developing and implementing effective community engagement strategies to inform, build awareness and promote participation within the community.
- Creates and delivers marketing and promotional materials to enhance the Town’s public image and provide information on various commercial opportunities.
- Assist in Emergency/Crisis Communication Plan development as needed.
- Assist in Emergency/Crisis Communication planning and response as needed. Weekend and/or evening work may be required during times of emergency.
- Attend evening Council meetings as required.
- Responsible for ensuring that the Town’s website and social media sites are maintained and the content is constantly updated to ensure accuracy, relevance and timely information for the public, staff and Council.
- Leads and supports the creation and coordination of public consultations, town hall meetings, and community engagement initiatives for all departments.
- Leads the development and implementation of strategic communications, including the development of communication plans and identifies possible communication issues and determines mitigation strategies.
- Monitor and analyze communication activities to assess their effectiveness and recommend improvements for future campaigns, marketing and engagement strategies.
- Designs and produces marketing and informational materials for all departments and oversees the communication methods used to promote and provide the information both inside and outside of the organization.
- Assists all departments in creating engagement materials for a variety of projects, issues and research initiatives and provides support in coordinating engagement activities.
- Plans, prepares, writes, edits, produces and implements materials, including key content messages and FAQs, news releases, media advisory, announcement website content, advertising copy, social media content, speeches for Mayor and Council and speaking notes etc for various internal and external audiences.
- Design, develop and implement digital content across various online platforms, including the Town’s website, social media and digital newsletters.
- Collaborate with various departments to gather information and create communications, reports, plans and updates that clearly provide information and regular updates to Council and the public on the various department’s work towards achieving the Town’s goals and objectives.
- Create communication, marketing and community engagement policies and procedures.
- Post-secondary education in communications, marketing, advertising, public relations and engagement or a related field with a similar focus complemented by working experience.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in communications, marketing and community engagement.
- Experience working in the municipal or public sector is an asset.
- Excellent written, verbal communication and interpersonal skills to be able to interact with the public, staff, Council and external agencies at a high and professional level.
- Proven ability to design, develop and implement written content, images and videos across various digital channels.
- Demonstrated experience developing and implementing professional, engaging, strategic and impactful messages through a variety of media.
- Excellent time management and ability to work independently and within a team environment.
- Proficient in a Windows-based environment including the use of the Microsoft suite of programs.
- Possession of valid Class 5 driver’s license
The successful candidate will be rewarded with a competitive salary and benefit package dependent upon experience and/or qualifications. Hours of Work: 8am – 4pm and occasional evening meetings required.
For additional information or a copy of the job description please contact the Town Office at 403-627-3156. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter and references to:
Town of Pincher Creek
Box 159, Pincher Creek, Alberta T0K 1W0
or via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This competition will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
FULL TIME ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
The Town of Pincher Creek has an opening for a full time administrative assistant for the Utility Department.
· Utility Billing experience would be an asset
· Basic accounting knowledge would be an asset
· Especially in accounts receivable
· Superior computer skills in Microsoft office word
· Working knowledge of excel
· Proficient skills in the use of standard office equipment
· Be able to work in a fast paced, constantly changing environment
· Have an outgoing and pleasant personality and excel in serving members of the public in person and on the telephone
· Must be organized and accurate
· The ability to recognize and solve problems
· Municipal experience would be an asset but is not a requirement
· Basic Emergency Management Course
· Incident Command System 100 Course
WAGE: In accordance with CUPE, Local 927 Contract
START DATE: Immediately
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable applicant is chosen
Interested applicants are invited to forward a summary of qualification and experience to the Town of Pincher Creek, Box 159, Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0 or email email@example.com
We wish to thank everyone who submits an application; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Pincher Creek Swimming Pool
Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Town of Pincher Creek
Pincher Creek, Alberta TOK 1WO
FIND OUT MORE ON HOW TO BECOME A LIFEGUARD
All personal information submitted to this advertisement will be utilized for this employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
- Local Government
- Town Services
- Town Information