The Town of Pincher Creek has a fulltime position available for an Administrative Manager. The Administrative Manager is responsible for the payroll, benefits, human resources and administrative duties of the Town of Pincher Creek.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Payroll and benefits administration
- Supervise personnel in the administration department
- Maintain employee personnel files
- Provide support to the Chief Administrative Officer and Council, agenda preparation, minute taking and correspondence
- Attend and conduct meetings as required
- Develop and maintain current long range plans for the Departments
- Manage and maintain the record and file retention system and FOIP Coordinator
- Provide assistance to Directors and staff as required
- Ensure a safe work environment
- Assist with emergent or unforeseen issues as required
- Payroll experience and education
- Human Resources experience and education
- Will be a team leader with the ability to support, coach and develop staff and engage and motivate colleagues for optimum productivity and continuous improvement
- Must be highly effective communicator with the ability to listen and effectively present information to various groups
- Will possess superior supervisory, verbal and written communication skills
- Possess a high degree of personal initiative with excellent planning and organizational skills, delivered with integrity and professionalism
- Must possess extensive experience with various computer systems and software, especially in financial and/or municipal software areas
- Preferably have a Degree or Diploma in a relevant or related discipline, and/or a recognized municipal designation, with five to seven years of senior management experience
- Provide excellent customer service
Salary is dependent upon education and experience. Transition plan in place. Interested applicants are invited to forward a summary of qualification, experience and references to the Town of Pincher Creek, Box 159, Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0 or email email@example.com This ad will stay open until a suitable candidate has been chosen.
We wish to thank everyone who submits an application; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT – Recreation and Community Services
Reporting to the Director of Community Services, the Administrative Assistant will be responsible for a variety of duties to provide administrative support and clerical assistance to the Department which includes Community, Recreation, Events, Marketing and Economic Development and FCSS services. This person will provide primary reception for the Recreation Office; coordinate, promote and monitor Department programs, events and activities; receive, coordinate and invoice facilities and parks bookings; assist with Town safety program; provide back-up support to other Town Administrative Assistants and MPF Front Desk Staff. As first point of contact for the Department, the successful candidate will be required to display a high level of professionalism and deliver excellent customer service to both customers and the general public.
The preferred candidate will have:
- Grade 12 Diploma. Business administration or related post-secondary education an asset.
- Minimum one year related experience in an office environment.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional communication skills; both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational, planning and time management skills.
- Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, Publisher, Power Point) and knowledge of social media applications.
- Ability to build positive relationships and work collaboratively as a team member.
- Strong work ethic, accountability and attention to detail.
- Sound judgement with excellent problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment with changing priorities.
- Knowledge or interest of community activities and recreation an asset.
- Proficiency in use of general office equipment.
- Driver's license and ownership of vehicle an asset.
Wage & Benefits: In accordance with the CUPE, Local 927 Contract
Hours of Work: 35-hour work week
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. All interested parties may forward their resume and cover letter to:
La Vonne Rideout, Director of Community Services
Town of Pincher Creek
Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
We wish to thank everyone who applies however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Asset Management Coordinator
Reporting directly to the Manager of Operations, the Asset Management Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of the Town’s infrastructure asset management program. This position includes supporting management in the development and implementation of sustainable service delivery processes, long range budget planning, and maintenance plans.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Public Administration, Geographic Information Systems or other related discipline from a recognized post secondary institution or a College Diploma in a related discipline;
- 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience related to municipal asset management and/or relevant and practical demonstrated public/private sector experience considered an asset
- Asset Management courses or designations, such as CAMP, considered an asset.
- Professional designations/memberships with APEGA, ASET and/or the Project Management Institute considered an asset.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
- Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
WAGE: as per CUPE contract
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (40 hours/week)
START DATE: Immediately
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable applicant is found
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume and cover letter:
Alexa Levair, CET, B. Tech.
Manager of Operations
Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
We wish to thank everyone who applies; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
- A minimum of the requirements and qualifications as outlined in the Alberta Public Security Peace Officer Program for a Community Peace Officer Level 1.
- A valid Class 5 Alberta driver’s license.
- Strong interpersonal skills articulate written and oral communication skills including public speaking.
- Willing to take additional training as required. Well organized and capable of working independently.
- Successfully completed grade 12 or an equivalent qualification, or a 2-year diploma program from a post-secondary learning institution in Law Enforcement or a combination of education and experience.
- Full mobility, the completion of the PARE physical abilities testing (or equivalent) good physical fitness level.
- Knowledge of municipal bylaws and Alberta Statutes, Acts and Regulations including traffic enforcement.
- Computer skills in MS-Office, Word, Excel and Report Exec are an asset.
- Interpret, investigate and enforce Alberta Statutes and regulations where designated to do so and establish a pro-active community response program.
- Interpret and enforce all Town of Pincher Creek bylaws.
- Conduct patrols within Town limits and take enforcement or required action on complaints and or traffic control.
- Other duties as assigned including but not limited to; occupational health and safety audits and inspection coordination between departments and management of Town health safety program as required.
Wage: In accordance with CUPE, Local 927 Contract.
- Hours of Work: full time (40-hour week). Occasional evenings and week-ends required.
For additional information or a copy of the job description please contact the Town Office at 403-627-3156. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume with a cover letter and references to:
Town of Pincher Creek
Box 159, Pincher Creek, Alberta T0K 1W0
or via E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
This competition will remain open until the position is filled. We thank all applicants in advance for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Pincher Creek Swimming Pool
Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Town of Pincher Creek
Pincher Creek, Alberta TOK 1WO
Pincher Creek Foundation - Chief Administrative Officer
Pincher Creek & District Library
Pincher Creek Community Early Learning Centre Childcare Centre Director
Pincher Creek Community Early Learning Centre Early childhood Educator
All personal information submitted to this advertisement will be utilized for this employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
- Local Government
- Town Services
- Town Information