BOREDOM BUSTERS PROGRAM LEADER
(July and August)
Applications will be accepted for the position of Boredom Busters Program Leader. Responsibilities include the planning, implementation, and supervision of a 2-3 days/week summer recreation program for children ages 5-11 years.
Rate of Pay: $15.00/hour
Reports to: Manager of Recreation Services
- Minimum 16 years of age.
- Previous experience and interest working with children.
- Assets: First Aid/CPR, Babysitters Course, Coaching courses etc. Enrolled in or certificate/diploma in related post-secondary education.
- Criminal Record Check and Intervention Check required prior to hire.
Closing Date: Wednesday June 15, 2022
Submit Resume to: Adam Grose
Manager of Recreation Services
Town of Pincher Creek
895 Main Street, Box 159
Pincher Creek, Alberta TOK 1W
We thank all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted. Their personal information submitted to this advertisement will be utilized for this employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
The Town of Pincher Creek has opening for an ASSET MANAGEMENT COORDINATOR.
SUMMARY: Reporting directly to the Manager of Operations and Infrastructure, the Asset Management Coordinator will be responsible for the coordination of the Town’s infrastructure asset management program. This position includes supporting management in the development and implementation of sustainable service delivery processes, long range budget planning, and maintenance plans.
o One or more of the following:
o Bachelor’s degree in Business, Commerce, Economics, Engineering, Public Administration, Geographic Information Systems or other related discipline from a recognized post secondary institution with 2-5 years of progressively responsible experience related to municipal asset management;
o College Diploma in a related discipline with 2-5 years of relevant and practical demonstrated public/private sector experience;
o Asset Management courses or designations, such as CAMP, considered an asset.
o Professional designations/memberships with APEGA, ASET and/or the Project Management Institute considered an asset.
o Basic to intermediate knowledge of civil and municipal engineering work including deep utility installation
o Intermediate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite
o Valid Class 5 Driver’s License
Refer to attached job description for more detail.
WAGE: as per CUPE contract
HOURS OF WORK: 8:00 am – 4:30 pm (40 hours/week)
START DATE: Immediately
CLOSING DATE: Open until a suitable applicant is found
Interested applicants are invited to forward their resume and cover letter:
Alexa Levair, CET, B. Tech.
Manager of Operations and Infrastructure
Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0
We wish to thank everyone who applies; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
The Town of Pincher Creek has a one year contract position available for a Development Officer with the potential for extension. The Development Officer is responsible for the development, subdivision and related matters within the Town of Pincher Creek.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Processing development permits and subdivision applications
- Maintain permit information in E-Site at the Safety Codes Council Website
- Compliance monitoring as per Town of Pincher Creek’s Quality Management Plan approved by the Safety Codes Council June 27, 2019
Municipal Development and Subdivision Authority (MDSA)
- Prepare notices of meeting and agendas
- Obtain background information for MDSA members
- Serve as secretary for the Authority including notifying parties of MDSA decisions
- Interdepartmental and Agency Liaison
- Manage the Town’s Planning and Subdivision Program
- Ensure a safe work environment
- Assist with emergent or unforeseen issues as required
- Strong working knowledge of the Town of Pincher Creek’s Land Use Bylaw and related statutory plans as well as the Municipal Government Act and related regulations
- Post-secondary education in Planning or an Applied Land Use Planning Certificate, Urban Studies or a related diploma or willingness to obtain
- 3 to 5 years work experience in municipal development and planning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent time management
- Proficient with computers and all aspects of MS Office
- Knowledge & Proficiency with E-Site and GIS Applications
- Provide excellent customer service
- Valid driver’s license class 5
Salary is dependent upon education and experience. Interested applicants are invited to forward a summary of qualifications, experience and references to the Town of Pincher Creek, Box 159, Pincher Creek, AB T0K 1W0 or email in PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org. This ad will stay open until a suitable candidate has been chosen.
We wish to thank everyone who submits an application; however, only those chosen for interviews will be contacted.
Pincher Creek Swimming Pool
Casual, Part-time, Full-time
Town of Pincher Creek
Pincher Creek, Alberta TOK 1WO
FIND OUT MORE ON HOW TO BECOME A LIFEGUARD
All personal information submitted to this advertisement will be utilized for this employment opportunity only and is subject to compliance with the Freedom of Information and Privacy Act.
- Local Government
- Town Services
- Town Information